4 cups of brasmati, washed and strained
4 garlic, 8 shallots, 3 cm ginger, grind till fine
1 cinnamon stick
3 star anise
2 tablespoon Ghee
2 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup ideal milk
1 cup coconut milk
1 and a half cup HEINZ tomato soup
2 and a half cup water
salt to taste
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Heat the cooking pot, melt the Ghee and oil.
2. Once the oil is hot enough, put in the cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and cardamons. Stir.
3. When you can smell the aroma from the spices, add the grounded ingredients. keep on stirring, until there is no more water left, and oil can be seen in between the grounded ingredients.
4. Add daun pandan and the liquid (milk, santan, tomato soup, water plus salt and sugar). Let it boil, while stirring from time to time.
5. Once boiled, add the rice. Keep on stirring from time to time. When the liquid is almost dried, lower the fire to the minimum level and cover the pot.
AYAM MASAK MERAH
1 chicken cut into small pieces, marinate with tumeric powder and salt for 20 minutes.Then fry till half cooked.
Blend 4 garlics, 12 shallots, 3 cm ginger till fine.
1 cinnamon stick, 2 star anise, 5 cardamon, 3 Tbsp blended dried chilli (rebus dulu cili tu sebelum blend), 7 Tbsp tomato ketchup, 4 Tbsp chilli sauce & a little asam jawa mixed with water, salt & sugar
1. Heat the wok, add oil, when it's hot, add the blended ingredients plus cinnamon, star anise and cardamon.
2. Stir until water is dried and oil can be seen oozing out from the ingredients.
3. Add the blended dried chilli, again keep on stirring till oil starts to form. Then add the sauces, let it boil before adding the half cooked chicken.
4. Stir thoroughly and add salt and sugar to taste.you can also add santan or ideal milk to have a different taste to it