Sunday, June 28, 2009
So here is Pope's Sugee Cake Recipe :
1 pound Butter (approx 420g)
1/2 pount Sugee (approx 300g)
1 pound Sugar (approx 400g)
1/2 pound Plain Flour (approx 85g)
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
This would approximately fit into a Square 8inch Baking Tin.
I personally made a smaller version .. I halved the ingredients and managed to fit the cake mix into a 7inch Round Baking Tin.
1 Tbsp Brandy
Rose Essence / All Spice Powder
1. Dry Sugee before using (pan fry dry)
2. Cream (with mixer) 1/2 pound Butter with Sugee - put aside.
3. Cream other 1/2 pound Butter with Sugar. Then add the eggs & Beat well. Add the Butter + Sugee mixture in as well and continue to beat.
4. Add the Flour, Baking Powder, Brandy, Vanilla Essense.
5. Bake in Moderate Heat Oven (150'C - 180'C) for about 40mins to 1 hour (until cooked)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
should I try to get the bread flour in the morning?
should I call HY and see if she's home for me to drop by for a chat & share my Choc Chochip Muffins with her?
should I rush home to bake another batch?
should I go deposit cheque?
Aaaahhhh! Questions - questions!
Ended up :
Sms HY to ask how SY is doing coz he was having a fever 2 days ago.
Stayed home to cook my Stew & whip up lunch.
Felt Great with my Pork Rib Stew was cooking & the aroma of spices started to fuse together :)
Felt Great when I "innovated" all the left overs together
Felt Great when the pork stir-fry with Plum sauce tasted really appetising for the kids.
My son in particular, requested for this flavour ;)
2 Cups Flour
3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Combine Flour, Sugar, Cocoa & Baking Powder in Large Bowl.
2. Whisk Egg, Milk, & melted Butter seperately in another bowl. Then pour in liquid ingredients into the dry (flour, sugar etc).
3. Add Chocolate Chips, while stirring until all mixed. Spoon batter evenly into 12 greased 2 inch muffin pans.
4. Bake in preheated 200'C oven for 20 minutes.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
We had 9 course lunch including soup. I sort of over did it but we had mostly veggies. Fried Chuin Quin (Seafood & Meat Minced with veggies wrapped in Fu Chok Skin), Steamed Taufu, Char Siew, Bittergourd, Long Beans & Sweet Corn Omellete, Chap Chai, Salmon Fish , Baby Choi Sum and Lotus Root Soup.
My home made char siew, tasted better this time round I think due to a better cut in pork belly. Kids loved this