Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sugee Cake

After almost 6 mths of delaying.. I've finally tried baking Sugee Cake ;) My son surprised me when my good fren Popes brought over some Sugee Cake she had baked using her Aunt's Recipe (if not mistaken)... he LOVED it! Eventhough it wasn't Chocolate :p



So here is Pope's Sugee Cake Recipe :

1 pound Butter (approx 420g)
1/2 pount Sugee (approx 300g)
8 eggs
1 pound Sugar (approx 400g)
1/2 pound Plain Flour (approx 85g)
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tsp Vanilla Essence


This would approximately fit into a Square 8inch Baking Tin.

I personally made a smaller version .. I halved the ingredients and managed to fit the cake mix into a 7inch Round Baking Tin.

Optional:
1 Tbsp Brandy
Chopped Nuts
Rose Essence / All Spice Powder


Method

1. Dry Sugee before using (pan fry dry)

2. Cream (with mixer) 1/2 pound Butter with Sugee - put aside.

3. Cream other 1/2 pound Butter with Sugar. Then add the eggs & Beat well. Add the Butter + Sugee mixture in as well and continue to beat.

4. Add the Flour, Baking Powder, Brandy, Vanilla Essense.

5. Bake in Moderate Heat Oven (150'C - 180'C) for about 40mins to 1 hour (until cooked)





2 comments:

Cynthia said...

We make a similar cake called pound cake :) Yours looks so moist.

Little Chef said...

Hi Cynthia,

I think I've heard of Pound Cake before but didn't know it's like our Sugee Cake.

Mine looks moist probably due to a wee bit too much Brandy ;)