Monday, December 1, 2008

Baked Pasta & Baby Portebello Mushrooms

It's been a long time since greenhoihoi has been over to my place (due to lack of transport). So I was thrilled to have her & her 2 boys over for our usualy Friday chit-chat & playgroup meet. I decided to whip up a Baked Pasta.
Ingredients
1 Bottle Leggo's Baked Pasta Sauce

300g Minced pork/beef/chicken
2 Saugages
4 Crab sticks
1/2 Carrot - chopped finely (to get my son to eat his veggies mainly)
1 Red Onion
1 Tbsp Garlic = chopped
3 Cups of uncooked pasta - to be cooked as instructed
Grated cheese

Method
1. Preheat oven at 180'C


2. Cook pasta as directed on the package and let it drain.


3. Use Olive oil to stir fry chopped garlic, onions, carrots, mince meat, & crab sticks. Then add the Pasta Bake Sauce & stirring occasionally until meat is cooked.


4. Layer your pasta in an oven proof bowl (Pyrex) with the sauce mix. When you reach the top, pour in all the sauce mix and decorate the top with the sausages. Sprinkle as much cheese as you like.


5. Put in your pasta & allow it to bake at 180'C for 20 minutes or till the cheese turns a bit brown.


Half eaten already :)


The other dish I decided to whip up was Baked Baby Portebello Mushrooms! I just couldn't resist buying them from Cold Storage when I was doing my grocery shopping.



1 punnet of Portebello Mushrooms - remove the stems & give it a quick rinse. Lay them on your oven proof dish. Sprinkle Olive Oil, crab stick shreds, diced sausages & loads of grated cheese (whatever toppings you like).

I baked them together with the Pasta at 180'C but only for 5-10mins... the mushrooms would be cooked by then.


2 comments:

CY said...

Looks good mate! I've never tried putting crab sticks into pasta bake... pity my kids won't eat them. Love the mushroom bake, I'll definitely try them as an entree at our next party!

Little Chef said...

I cut the crab sticks real finely.. don't think your kids would even realise their in there :p it adds a bit of sweetness to it.

Yeah, the baby portebellos were so easy to prepare. Great party entree idea! Their are a bit EX over here. Cost me RM8.99 for a punnet.