Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sweet November ~ Tau Fu ... Take # 4?

It's the 1st Tuesday of the month of Nov'08 & am on Chef Duty yet again. I've sort of reduced my initiative to really put my thinking cap on to decide what shall I cook for this family of 8 adults (including myself)... the reason being was :-
1) MIL somehow still likes to contribute to the dinner menu
2) Inlaws not used to non-Chinese cuisine ;)
Hence, this is MIL's suggestion for tonight's menu :-
  • Stir Fried Tau Fu with Leek/Spring Onions with Siew Yuk ("roast pork")
  • Stir Fried Japanese Cucumber with Har Mai & Egg
  • Stir Fried Spinach
  • Stir Fried Fish with Ham Choi ("salted veggie")
Ok-ok, Chinese home cooking is mostly Stir Fried or Steamed or Deep Fried. Today everything seems to be stir fried.


Stir Fried Tau Fu with Leek/Spring Onions with Siew Yuk ("roast pork")
This is my special impromptu dish. Wanted to do a simple sambal but there was no chilli giling (grinded) in the hse. So I dug out curry paste instead & fried it with carrots, big onion & red capsicum. Not bad :p







No comments: