Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sweet & Sour Dory Fish

With a new kitchen available, I've been motivated a bit more to prepare fresh & nutritous meals for my kids after they come back from Kindy.

So off I went to Carrefour to get some groceries & ended up with frozen Dory Fish Fillet. My son in particular LOVEs Sweet & Sour sauce... so here was one of his enjoyable moments of lunch food :)

Fried the Dory Fish Fillet - cut up to bite size bits. I added cornflour & 1 egg to fry them. I should have used just the egg yolk / whites as the whole egg resulted with fish fried in egg.

Tried this with Maggie's Sweet & Sour packet ~ powdered form sauce (add water). Taste was nice though I added Maggie Tomato Ketchup for more thickness & colour. I added Red Onions ~ quartered, Yello Capsicum ~ chopped & Red Chilli ~ sliced

I also prepared a simple soup to accompany our lunch that day. Used Miso base (unsalted), 1 Tbsp Fried Ikan Billis (anchiovies), 2 small potatoes, 1 tomato, and 1 medium red onion & salt to taste.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for visiting. I look forward to all the goodies you will be making.