Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mama's Moist Chocolate Cake

When I was younger... my mum used to make this Moist Chocolate Cake every festive season i.e. Chinese New Year and Christmas. I've never tried baking it myself before and this was my first attempt. I think her's was more moist.



Ingredients
1 Cup Evaporated Milk - at room tempreture } add together to get
1 Tbsp Vinegar } Soured Milk
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Cup Castor Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda Powder
125g Butter - melted
2 eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence

Method
1. Grease tin and line bottom with greaseproof paper.
2. Add Evaporated Milk with Vinegar and let it stand to get Soured Milk
3. Sieve the Flour, Castor Sugar, Cocoa Powder and Baking Soda into mixer bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in the melted butter and half cup of Soured Milk. Beat at medium speed for 2 mins.
5. Add the remaining Soured Milk, eggs and vanilla essence - Beat at medium speed for another 2 minutes or so.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake at 180'C for 35 - 40mins or until cooked.


Happy Birthday Malaysia!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ouuu, this indeed looks moist!

Little Chef said...

Hi Cynthia.. it's not moist enough.. I think I know where I went wrong. Will attempt again :)

LianneK said...

Happy Merdeka! Your chocolate cake looks moist and easy to make. Comes in handy :-)

Little Chef said...

Hi Liane!

Do give it a try & share the results with us :)