Friday, October 9, 2009

Dhal Curry


I was inspired by greenhoihoi's version of dhal curry during one of my many visits to her house for chit chat or to grab a bite ;) She used pumkin in her version of dhal curry. Since I had 1/2 of a pumpkim lying in the fridge plus had all the other ingredients available, I made my own dhal curry!

Of course I did some research on what other recipes ingredients involved especially their spices used and I improvised them into my own recipe.

Ingredients
1/4 Pumpkin
1 Round Brinjal / Aubergine
3 Potatoes
1 Medium Carrot
1 Medium Red Onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 Cup Dhal
1/2 Cup Red Lentils
1 Tsp Tumeric Powder
1 Tsp Curry Powder
a pinch of Cumin Seeds & Mustard Seeds
Salt to taste

Method
1. Soak dhal & lentils over night. Rinse & place in pot
2. Cut all vegetables to bite size pieces & add them into the pot. Add water enough to cover all vegetables
3. Cook in medium fire/flame. Stir occasionally & can add a little bit of water if not enough.
4. Cook till dhal & lentils are soft.

Serve with Roti Canai or Chappati! Initially I wanted to make my own Chappati also but couldn't get the Atta Flour around my housing area :p ~ it will be my next recipe!

1 comment:

Lilium said...

Looks easy! Will give it a try!