Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Eat to Live or Live to Eat?

The World's Population can only fall into these 2 categories. We either Eat to Live or Live to Eat.

Most affluent people living in the Cities would be in the latter category. Quite shamefully we also waste alot of food by not cleaning our plates i.e. not finishing off what we've taken.

I myself LOVE food. So I think I'm in the Live to Eat category. However, I've been trained from my Mum not to waste food nor be too choosy with my food. "Finish whatever's on your plate" & "Eat whatever's cooked" were common reminders when I was young. Little did I realise how effective those common reminders were until I find myself frowning upon those who are too fussy eaters or don't clean their plates.

Regardless of either category we find ourselves in, I hope to share my journey of self-discovery of home cooked dishes with you all.

No comments: