Saturday, September 6, 2008

Corn on the Cob with Coconut Dressing

This was published in "Flavours May - June 2008" issue on pg 69. I am a corn a.k.a. Jagung lover! Absolute adore jagung cooked in any style. The photo in that issue simply attracted me to look for it.

It's Mr Benjamin of Delicious Cafe's recipe. So tried to look for it at Delicious last month when I had lunch with a good old buddy but couldn't find it in the menu. Then last weekend, I happened to have tea with my family at D'lish (sister cafe to Delicious) and Lo & Behold! The Corn on the Cob with Coconut Dressing was sitting there in their salad selections! Of course I ordered it to try. I loved every bite of it though found it a bit too oily with too much Olive Oil.

Today's rainy weather somehow inspired me to grab the ingredients at our local grocers. Here is my version as I didn’t have all the said ingredients per "Flavours May - June 2008" issue on pg 69.

I used 4 cobs of corn (grilled), coriander, grated coconut & toasted them myself. I didn’t have shallots so I substituted it with roasted cloves of garlic, as much L&P sauce and also as much of Extra Virgin Olive Oil per my liking. Toss the dressing with the grilled cobs of corn & added pinch of black pepper and salt to taste. I also left out the chilies cause I had none at home.






1 comment:

greenhoihoi said...

very delicious! bring some for me to try next time!!!