Friday, March 27, 2009

Classic Potato with Minced Chicken

One of my childhood favourites : Potato with Mince Chicken! I was reminiscing about this dish... so I decided to recreate my mother's easy & common dish.

Ingredients:
3 large potatoes ~ diced
1 large red onion ~ diced
1 cinnamon stick
300g minced chicken

Seasoning:
1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
2 Tsp Xiao Shing wine
pinch of white pepper
1 Tsp Sesame Oil

Sauce:
1 Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1/2 Cup water
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Heat oil and fry cinnomon stick & diced onions till fragrant. Then add potatoes & stir fry till half cooked.

2. Add the marinated minced chicken and keep stir-frying. Add water, Dark Soya Sauce and salt to taste.


Best eaten with fluffy white rice! Leftovers - if any can be used as sandwich fillings ;)

1 comment:

Lilium said...

Looks yummy! This has always been my fav dish too. Now u gave me the thoughts to cook it too.