Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Disappointment #6 ~ Peppercorn Chicken ~

I got inspired by http://www.mykitchensnippets.com/2008/10/spicy-szechuan-peppercorns-chicken.html

Her's looked and probably tasted much better. My chicken pieces don't look as evenly brown or crispy as her's. I didn't know where to find Szechuan Peppercorns.. so I just used whatever type of Peppercorns that was in my MIL's kitchen.

Think I failed the frying technique / skill with this dish. Somehow my version turned out to look like Kong Po Chicken instead ~ only less dark.


2 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

In Malaysia you can get Szechuan peppercorn from the Chinese Medical Hall (those selling Chinese herbs). That was where my mom used to buy it from. For this recipe frying the chicken is very important. It has to been crispy and brown and then for the rest is a very quick stry fry :)

Little Chef said...

hehehe! Thanks for the tip, will look out for it when I next pass by the Chinese Med Shop.

Yeah, I guessed as much I failed at the frying the chicken part for this recipe. Will attempt once again when I get hold of the Szechuan peppercorns :)

Thank you so much for your recipes, have been browsing to get ideas on what to try out weekly. Love you photo skills too :)